Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Gamble

It's a gamble for my husband and I to try to put Reece down for a nap on the weekends. Our incredible nanny can get him to nap seemingly effortlessly, however when mommy and daddy are home, all bets are off.

So today.... Dressed in Santa jammies, we headed to play with cousins (family is the best play date because we rolled in at 845 am this morning and I'm not sure who else would invite us over at that hour!). After 2 hours of play, R was done and honestly, my husband and I welcomed the upcoming nap. But as we contemplated heading home and wrestling him into his crib, we figured the safer bet was to drive around. So we did. For those in the DC area, you will appreciate that we drove all the way from GW parkway starting at the beltway, down to Mount Vernon and then headed back out to the beltway. 3 times.

As my husband drove and Reece slept, I flipped through Facebook updates, longing to be one of the parents whose kids no longer nap. Or one of the kid-less friends who wasn't posting because they were just getting ready to head to brunch.

I know the song all to well ... "You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em..." But I never thought it would be naps that I would be gambling with. I mean c'mon.... I seriously need a dose of excitement.



No comments:

Post a Comment