Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ode to Daylight Savings

There once was a time of year, to which I looked forward to and held dear.

A time when I would roll the clocks back an hour, the bar would stay open longer and from this night of drinking I would not cower.

I would wake up and have an extra hour in the day. A longer snooze, longer brunch, so many great options I would say.

Night would arrive sooner than I would like, but curling up to TV and takeout sure was nice.

So I welcomed this daylight savings, this gift of extra time. But then realized once I had kids, that extra hour was no longer mine.

Daylight savings I hate you, you wrecked my Sunday. My kids were up before six and wanted to play. They giggle and laugh after a full night of sleep, while I feel drunk with exhaustion and dreams of counting sheep.

Daylight savings today you're the evil twin of when we spring forward. I can't wait to lose an hour and make one day shorter.

Respectfully,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment